Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Prayers

          "God's answer to your prayers will not always be what you expect but keep in mind that it's perfect. It's not easy to trust the Lord when He negates to give you what you so want but it's during this time that Jesus asks, "Do you love me? " Prove your love and trust Christ even if it doesn't make sense. Praise Him through your anger, through your frustration, through the confusion. Don't second guess His work or His plans for you. Trust Him... you will soon see His purpose for your pain. 

"He is working in you. God is helping you obey Him. God is doing what He wants done in you." (Philippians 2:13 NLV)
"

That little blurb was posted on a facebook group page that I follow. They always have little gems of encouragement that always help brighten my day. Check them out here: Spiritually Single (Unequally Yoked).


This slapped me in the face today. Wow. So challenging. 
Can you honestly say that you will trust and follow the Lord, even if He doesn't give you your heart's desire?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this:) Sometimes I think we so often want to hear yes that when it is no we don't understand why and how God could do that

    ReplyDelete
  2. yet again tough stuff, but so good and true.
    Thanks for the reminder (although I have to say that this will be one of those blurbs I will need a lot of God's help to take in)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's easy to say that we would stay strong in the Lord when He gives you everything you ask for/desire. Learning to trust in Him even when things don't go our way is a challenge, a lifelong challenge.

      Def something I think we all have a hard time doing/remembering.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...